We offer a wide selection of commercial quality wines, produced from premium varietal juice. We make all of our wines from kit. This means that kit manufacturers import varietal wine juice from around the world and package it into kit form with the necessary additives and then we make those kits in-store.
Winemaking from kit has come a long way in the last decade and kit wines now stand up against commercially produced wines, winning awards and taste tests in many competitions.
All wine shops use one or more of the same suppliers for their wine kits, so in theory you can get the wines we make in other shops.
That said there are differences in how individual shops process the same kits that can lead to differing results in the finished wine.
In kit winemaking the difference is in the details.
Some of the ways we differentiate ourselves are:
- We offer the most efficient, automated bottling experience in the area. We have automated fillers and corkers so the bottling process is quick and painless. Please go and have a look at all the local facilities and ask about the bottling experience. We did extensive renovations to ensure we were offering the best possible bottling experience and we are very proud of the results.
- We also offer the most comfortable, modern space to bottle in. You can see for yourself in our photo gallery.
- Our staff is WSET certified. This means we’ve studied wine professionally and will continue to do so.
- We cold store our wines which helps prevent ‘wine diamonds’. Wine diamonds are tartrates – small crystals that can form on the cork and walls inside a bottle. Tartrates are harmless and are actually a sign of quality in wine, but they aren’t pretty and cold storing wines helps prevent them from appearing.
- We offer an oak barrel aging program for premium wines. Every 3 months we start a new batch of barrel wines, which will age in the barrel for 3-6 months and come out ready to drink. This program always sells out well ahead of each start date as the finished wines are beautifully aged and ready to drink as soon as you bottle.
When choosing the shop where you will make your wine, make sure you pay attention to the overall cleanliness of the shop. Quality wines can only be produced if proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures are followed diligently. Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions about our procedures.